Decision Science Analyst - Behavioral EconomicsLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038638 Date posted Sep. 20, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobCommunity: Data & Analytics
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
This position will analyze behavioral data from USAA’s bank with the goal of understanding and improving operational processes. This team supports the bank’s omnichannel organization including contact center (phone), chat, digital and physical presence (branches & ATMs). Experience integrating diverse datasets to understand and predict behavior is essential. The role will work closely with IT partners to enhance data assets and implement predictive models to improve bank experiences.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make `insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Decision Science Analyst for the San Antonio Home Office II/III.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to various levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline OR 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
- A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
- A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- If Master's Degree, 4 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- If PhD, 3 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Graduate degree with an emphasis on quantitative analysis
- Experience developing predictive models for the financial services industry
- Proficient in using the python programming language to complete data and analytics related activities.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 09/25/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Supervision and Controls Advisor I San Antonio, Texas
- Regulatory Relations Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Credit Risk Analyst Senior - Real Estate San Antonio, Texas
- Regulatory Relations Analyst I Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida