Data Governance Advisor Lead (Remote)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Data Governance Advisor Lead for the San Antonio Home Office I or 100 % Remote Work Environment.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Directs the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides strategic partnership to anticipate opportunities for information/data management governance activities and projects.
- Influences implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities to include awareness forums.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Develops prioritization methods for and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying expert knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
- Leads the assessment and coordination of information governance training requirements and learning objectives for the enterprise.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR 4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required
- A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- If Bachelor's degree OR 4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required, 8 or more years experience (12 Total years in lieu of a degree) in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting
- If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting
- If PhD, 5 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting Expert knowledge of industry information/data governance best practices
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Auditing experience
- Risk Management & Compliance experience
- Program or Project Management experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Director, Information Governance (CFO Information Governance) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Mid Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona