Compliance Risk Manager Senior (P&C)
With USAA, you can find career mobility while making a difference in the lives of our members. On a collaborative team, you will use your business skills and knowledge to enhance the control environment across the organization. Through robust professional training and exposure to a variety of USAA businesses, you will gain diverse experience. Come build a rewarding career where your growth and development are a priority.
- Full Time
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Compliance Risk Manager Senior (P&C) at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Team Player
Here's what our people are saying
“At USAA, I feel I am surrounded by people who want to do the right thing. In Compliance, this is part of our job – facilitating adherence to laws and regulations and, in turn, doing what is best for our members. It goes beyond this, though. USAA makes it a priority for all employees, not just those in our department, to understand the importance of being a compliant company. ”
Tara G.Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering
“During a time where it is so difficult to maintain a balance between work life and family, USAA has been instrumental and my number one supporter of achieving a healthy work/life balance! From giving me the opportunity to move across the country and work at home full-time when I got married, providing me paid bonding leave beyond the FMLA entitlement when I had my children to giving me amazing health, wellness, education and countless other benefits; I'm so grateful! Working for a company that not only takes care of its' members but equally takes care of its employees means the world to me and my family! ”
Brittany C., CAMSAML Compliance Analyst Senior / AML Compliance
“I am continually impressed by the amazing benefits offered to USAA employees. I feel empowered to take charge of my career and USAA provided the means to make me more of a competitive candidate for promotion. I participated in the Manager Candidate School provided by USAA which gave me the tools needed to take the next step. USAA also paid for my Masters Degree in Management and Leadership, as well as two professional designations. ”
Deb, MS, CAMS, CFEAML Compliance Manager / AML Compliance
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Compliance Risk Manager Senior (P&C)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance Risk Manager Senior (P&C) for one of the following locations: Phoenix Campus, Plano Legacy, San Antonio Home Office I OR 100% Work Remote Environment.
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- 8+ years Property & Casualty regulatory compliance experience Relevant industry designations (MCM, CPCU, ARM, ARC, CCEP).
- Experience interacting with regulators.
- Experience with P&C product development.
- Previous experience with project management and ability to provide advice and guidance that confirms the end result will meet regulatory requirements.
- Experience executing a Property and Casualty compliance strategy, which should include the following: regulatory complaints oversight, assessment of regulatory requirements, proper supervision and guidance of business requirements to comply.
- Experience providing compliance oversight on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Experience serving as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Strong relationship management with internal and external partners
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Senior Business Risk and Controls (Real Estate Servicing/ TPRM Oversight) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Development Product Owner I San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Reporting Analyst - Mortgage RE Lead Distribution Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Strategy Analyst Senior (Office and/or Remote) Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida | San Antonio, Texas | Chesapeake, Virginia