Compliance Risk Manager Senior -100% Remote Work Environment Available
With USAA, you can find career mobility while making a difference in the lives of our members. On a collaborative team, you will use your business skills and knowledge to enhance the control environment across the organization. Through robust professional training and exposure to a variety of USAA businesses, you will gain diverse experience. Come build a rewarding career where your growth and development are a priority.
- Full Time
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Compliance Risk Manager Senior -100% Remote Work Environment Available at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Team Player
Here's what our people are saying
“At USAA, I feel I am surrounded by people who want to do the right thing. In Compliance, this is part of our job – facilitating adherence to laws and regulations and, in turn, doing what is best for our members. It goes beyond this, though. USAA makes it a priority for all employees, not just those in our department, to understand the importance of being a compliant company. ”
Tara G.Enterprise Anti-Money Laundering
“During a time where it is so difficult to maintain a balance between work life and family, USAA has been instrumental and my number one supporter of achieving a healthy work/life balance! From giving me the opportunity to move across the country and work at home full-time when I got married, providing me paid bonding leave beyond the FMLA entitlement when I had my children to giving me amazing health, wellness, education and countless other benefits; I'm so grateful! Working for a company that not only takes care of its' members but equally takes care of its employees means the world to me and my family! ”
Brittany C., CAMSAML Compliance Analyst Senior / AML Compliance
“I am continually impressed by the amazing benefits offered to USAA employees. I feel empowered to take charge of my career and USAA provided the means to make me more of a competitive candidate for promotion. I participated in the Manager Candidate School provided by USAA which gave me the tools needed to take the next step. USAA also paid for my Masters Degree in Management and Leadership, as well as two professional designations. ”
Deb, MS, CAMS, CFEAML Compliance Manager / AML Compliance
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Compliance Risk Manager Senior -100% Remote Work Environment Available
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance Risk Manager Senior for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office I, Phoenix Campus, Plano Legacy, Tampa Crosstown or Remote.
100% Remote Work Environment Available
Provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution.
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (10years total).
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years direct AML/sanctions experience in a large bank in a VP or higher role.
- 5+ years bank AML/sanction regulatory experience; OCC, FED, FDIC.
- CAMS, AMLP, CAFP, CRCM or other related financial services industry compliance certifications.
- Knowledgeable in more complex Retail Banking relationships (i.e. personal trusts, PoA, NGOs, etc.).
- Experience performing AML/sanctions compliance monitoring.
- Experience providing credible challenge.
- Experience providing oversight of product and process initiatives to comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Experience executing compliance risk management activities in accordance with applicable policies/standards.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/19/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Bank Garnishment Subpoena Specialist I San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Audit Manager - Banking Operations San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Bank Garnishment Subpoena Specialist Senior San Antonio, Texas
- Business Continuation Advisor – Senior Level Phoenix, Arizona
- Information Management Analyst Senior (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas