Compliance Risk Manager Lead
Purpose of JobLeads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions. Independently performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution within a CoSA and enterprise projects. Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes, and product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Reviews laws and regulations for business impact and completes risk assessments.
- Leads and motivates cross functional team members in strategy development and implementation of compliance solutions.
- Utilizes advanced leadership and collaborative skills in interacting with compliance stakeholders or regulatory agencies.
- Fosters cooperation across team and organizational units.
- Builds consensus and morale through understanding of underlying team dynamics and by promoting development of team relationships.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential solutions, and leads cross functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and recommends compliance solutions impacting the enterprise.
- Establishes aggressive goals for the organization and monitors to ensure achievement.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Advises senior management on issues and has authority to make project related decisions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to senior leadership; negotiates solutions with leadership.
- Develops and delivers all types of messages effectively.
- Ensures proper implementation of business requirements and identifies outstanding compliance issues.
- Develops action plans for advancing compliance initiatives and for resolving outstanding compliance issues.
- Anticipates how the organization must adapt to changes in the industry to sustain competitive advantage.
- Applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes.
- Maintains expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- Serves as the primary resource for cross functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Serves as the technical expert, providing direction to others on complex issues, and mentoring team members.
- Demonstrates awareness of personal leadership style and works to achieve quality results by motivating and inspiring highly skilled team of compliance professionals.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Coordinates and responds to regulatory requirements and requests, and ensures the execution of conduct examinations.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to cross functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of industry experience.
- 8 or more years relevant experience in compliance, risk, legal or audit within the financial services or insurance industry.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with state and local lobbying registration and reporting on a national level.
- Experience with state and local Gifts & Entertainment rules for government officials.
- MBA, JD, CCEP, CAPM, PMP or advanced degree in a related field.
- Solid understanding of banking, finance and products, three lines of defense model.
- Proven experience with Political Activities Compliance programs.
- Ability to provide senior level Political Activities Compliance risk management direction and guidance as critical second line of defense.
- Experience developing, maintaining and delivering targeted Political Activities Compliance training to employees and management.
- Familiarity with requirements under the FCPA and UK Bribery Act regulations.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200.00-$175,000.00.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Director, Audit - Fraud and Central Operations San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Business Risk and Controls San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Real Estate Processor (Work at Home) Tampa, Florida | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy Analyst I--Bank Omnichannel Sales & Service Performance (Remote work location available) San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida