Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst ILocation San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0038291 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobAs a member of the second line of defense, the Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst executes independent testing under the Enterprise Testing program methodology to ensure departmental processes and activities comply with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent will compile and retain well documented work papers to create accurate and concise written reports including issues, root cause and recommended corrective action.
- Under guidance, develops the steps needed to test and/or analyze compliance with applicable policies/procedures and laws/regulations.
- Analyzes and assesses formal and informal policies and procedures related to processes and controls for effectiveness related to risk controls.
- Under minimal guidance, conducts appropriate, independent testing to ensure operational risks and compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Prepares detailed and objective work papers to support conclusions.
- Completes assigned compliance and operational risk testing activities in accordance with established timelines and high standards of quality.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root causes, and provides information to the team and relevant stakeholders.
- Identifies potential control weaknesses and makes recommendations to remediate issues.
- Summarizes the results of testing in clear, accurate and concise written reports. Maintains accountability for the completeness and accuracy of testing results/reports.
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with business and internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for testing.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 1+ years experience with Actimize.
- 1+ years experience with information governance or data analytics.
- 3+ years experience with AML.
- CAMS Certified.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas