Compliance Advisor 1Location San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas;Tampa,Florida; Job ID R0035414 Date posted Jul. 10, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and motivated Compliance Advisor 1 for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, Fl (Crosstown) campus or remote locations.
Review laws and regulation, specifically the USA PATRIOT Act section 326, for business impact, completes risk assessments, and is responsible for operational productivity. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution within the team, CoSA and enterprise-wide projects. Guides the first line on compliance strategy implementation in the pursuit of being a complaint company.
- Conducts reviews of laws and regulations for business impact.
- Completes accurate risk assessments, develops recommendations and coordinates with appropriate counsel.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Utilizes strong leadership skills in interacting with counsel, customers or team members.
- Builds processes and relationships that facilitate productive teamwork.
- Provides compliance input on business action plans, projects or operational requests.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s), and provides information to the business or project teams.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Provides industry knowledge and/or skills expertise for work assignments.
Identifies outstanding compliance issues and oversees proper implementation of business requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how own area links to other key areas of the company and identifies new ways of doing business.
- Monitors and assures compliance with regulatory requirements reporting and maintains relationships with regulatory agencies as directed.
- Coordinate and responds to regulatory requirements and requests.
- Conducts compliance assessments through self-assessment program and examinations.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more or more years relevant work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory data sources.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant industry regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Experience Required:
- Know Your Customer, specifically Customer Identification Program.
- Advanced knowledge of USA Patriot Act or any relevant experience.
- CFE Certification.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst I San Antonio, Texas |
- Audit Manager - Bank Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas