Compensation Advisor Associate (Hybrid)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobLet’s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in the following location: San Antonio, TX. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
The Compensation Advisor Associate will be responsible for supporting the Compensation Delivery team.
What you'll do:
- Assists with the implementation and administration of compensation programs, practices and policies (Executive and/or Non Executive).
- Works with team members to resolve issues on existing compensation programs, practices and policies.
- Seeks guidance on identifying appropriate issues for escalation.
- Conducts data entry of compensation related information to appropriate databases and system resources, including HRIS and Case/Knowledge Management System.
- Gathers compensation survey data and maintains database of job and survey related information.
- Supports compensation projects and initiatives.
- Assists key stakeholders with the implementation of systems and processes which support compensation programs.
- Assists with training on compensation-related programs, practices and policies, ensuring compliance with legal standards and strategic alignment.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Up to 2 years of relevant work experience in compensation discipline or related experience in HR, Finance, or business sales operations with foundational knowledge of relevant compensation and/or HR laws.
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other software to be used to develop analysis, charts, and/or supporting documentation.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations to include:
- Federal and state fair employment practices laws including Equal Pay Acts and other nondiscrimination laws
- Federal contractor and affirmative action laws and regulations such as Executive Order 11246
- If supporting variable pay program: REG Z, SafeAct
- If supporting Executive Rewards programs: knowledge of Interagency Guidance on Sound Compensation Policies (75 FR 36395) and Internal Revenue Code requirements applicable to executive compensation
What sets you apart:
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner [optional]
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Power Point.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $51,900 - $83,420.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.