Commercial/Development Real Estate Analyst
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Commercial/Development Real Estate Analyst for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Phoenix, AZ facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee’s manager.
The candidate selected for this position is going to get to work with the Corporate Real Estate senior leadership team to help develop real estate options. They will work within Argus and other technologies. USAA’s current portfolio is roughly 8 plus million sf.
Commercial/Development Real Estate Analysts provides support to executive management to identify, develop and communicate specific business strategies across CoSA functional areas, utilizing advanced knowledge of USAA, industry, business development, and financial planning. Conducts strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development and planning processes and, as appropriate, enterprise strategy and planning processes. Conducts business strategy reviews to assess progress and drive awareness to leaders of strategy achievement.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Guides development and coordination of CoSA strategy.
- Works with CoSA executive management to establish strategic framework to enable short and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Identifies and implements specific processes to manage the business strategic and operational planning process.
- Maintains and aligns business process and frameworks to USAA enterprise strategy process and framework.
- Builds and maintains CoSA specific strategic and operational roadmaps to ensure deliverables are met (current and future).
- Supports integration of change management plans and strategies for large, complex business specific initiatives that align with change management practices.
- Performs primary and secondary research and makes recommendations based on emerging trends, competitive threats, business process improvement, and opportunities
- Guides team members as they perform research and analysis.
- Supports CoSA executive leadership with the design and coordination of the annual strategic planning and operational planning processes.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates cross-functional teams in the strategy development and implementation of business solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least an additional 4 years of related experience beyond the minimum requirement in lieu of a degree
- 6 years of directly related business planning consultation with experience contributing to the development of business strategy short-term and/or long-term goals.
- Effective facilitation experience to include executive level communication and ability to influence.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Strong business acumen in financial services or related industry, and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, an ability to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3+ years of experience in Argus Software with full working knowledge of Argus
- 5 or more years of progressive related experience in real estate portfolio management, to include 2 years specific performance assessment and aligning real estate decisions to expected results and risk thresholds.
- Demonstrated strategy development, thought leadership and subject matter expertise within real estate portfolio and ability to lead and/or lead team(s) through delivery and implementation of strategy.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) certificate
- High level analytical skills to run financial models as well as analyze all aspects of the real estate portfolio scenarios
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and real estate modeling for acquisitions and/or disposition of real estate with the ability to calculate intermediate figures such as rents, operating expenses, discounts rates, and commissions
- Demonstrated success and expertise in real estate financial structures, transactions, real and personal property taxes, economic incentives, and industry trends.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $80,200 - $144,500* (this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.