Claims Litigation Manager
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Claims Litigation Manager
Purpose of JobWe are currently see3king a talented Claims Litigation Manager for the San Antonio Home Office I or Remote.
Collaborates with defense counsel on litigation and arbitration case strategies. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution. Guides counsel on strategy implementation in the pursuit of business solutions.
- Manages primarily simple to moderate litigation, with the capacity to handle complex matters. Applies intermediate knowledge of claims litigation processes and conducts case discovery.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver quality work product. Handles cases with liability that may be questionable and disputed damages and injuries can be moderate to severe. PIP/MP cases involve managing substantial exposure for provider billings doubtful in nature. Subrogation Litigation Managers manage cases requiring analysis of legal recovery theories, affirmative defenses, and applicable laws and doctrines.
- Proactively manages life of the case and acts as liaison with members, internal and external counsel.
- Investigates, negotiates and prepares materials for cases. Adjusts strategies as required, based on case development. Represents USAA at mediations, case conferences, and/or trials.
- Responds to State requests related to claims litigation. Reviews, audits, and approves legal fees and expenses.
- Serve in a mentoring role for other members of the CLO team, as well as employees working in P&C Claims.
- Take on assignments and projects that benefit the CLO team and require the CLO team's involvement.
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more or more years relevant work experience handling liability and first party claims or progressive experience in litigation, to include: 2 or more years customer contact experience.
- Claims adjusters license in assigned state or ability to obtain license within 3 months.
- Proficient knowledge of negotiation techniques. Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of P&C policies.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of regulatory compliance related to claims and claims litigation.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- CPC designation or in the process of obtaining one
- 4+ years handling claims in litigation.
- Advanced knowledge of negotiation techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and successful relationships with local counsel.
- Experience developing, mentoring, and coaching team members.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/19/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.