Chargeback Specialist IIILocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038262 Date posted Sep. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProtects the financial interests of USAA and our members by researching, analyzing, and processing disputes and escalated inquiries in an attempt to recover funds for the member in accordance with all Regulatory Requirements and Association rules.
- Handles all aspects of the Signature First Chargeback.
- May handle Representments, Arbitration Chargeback, Pre-Compliance, Compliance, Pre-Arbitration, Arbitration and Good Faith.
- Resolves member disputes related to Debit Card Signature transactions.
- May handle member disputes related to ATM Domestic, ATM International, and PIN Point of Sale.
- Performs research for team members in order to investigate basic dispute claims in accordance with rules and regulations with a high degree of accuracy and within prescribed time limits.
- Provides and engages in customer service activities to determine member needs and provide appropriate resolution.
- Communicates the results of a dispute inquiry to a member in a professional manner.
- Seeks guidance from senior team members to resolve issues and to identify appropriate issues for escalation.
- Maintains abreast of current Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E) and Bank Card Association Rules.
- Processes Provisional and/or Permanent Credit to member's account.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Up to 1 year of customer contact experience in a sales, military or call center environment via telephone and e-mail.
- Foundational knowledge of Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Foundational knowledge of job specific systems and tools (e.g. Portal, Fidelity, etc.)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 1+ years of back office Credit Card dispute processing for Visa and/or AMEX.
- 1+ years experience working in Lean’s Adjustment Hub Processing System.
- 1+ years experience working in VROL or GNS
- 1+ years experience working in Portal and FDR
- Working knowledge of credit card association rules for Visa or AMEX.
- Experience multi-tasking within a Windows operating system environment and Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to handle highly complex payment inquiries and working with PayCourier.
- Knowledge of Regulation Z and how it applies to disputes.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.