Business Strategy & Planning Director (Remote Work Location Available)
Purpose of JobProvides support and guidance to executive management to identify, develop and communicate specific business strategies across CoSA functional areas, utilizing expert knowledge of USAA, industry, business development, and financial planning. Leads strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development and planning processes and, as appropriate, enterprise strategy and planning processes. Conducts business strategy reviews to assess progress and drive awareness of strategy achievement.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Drives the development and coordination of components within the overarching CoSA strategy.
- Works with executive management to establish strategic and operational framework that establishes enables short and long-term business goals and key results.
- Develops specific processes to manage the business strategic and operational planning process.
- Drives the alignment of business process and frameworks to enterprise strategy, process and framework.
- Partners with senior-level leaders across functions and channels to develop near- and long-term visions and roadmaps and works with business leaders to manage transition from strategy to execution.
- Maintains responsibility of integration of change management plans, project documentation and strategies for large, complex business specific initiatives that often impact the organization and/or enterprise.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses to evaluate operational effectiveness by establishing best practices and management routines to address gaps.
- Guides team members as they perform research and analysis.
- Supports CoSA executive leadership by leading the design, coordination, and governance of the annual strategic planning and operational planning processes.
- Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy and operational plan development and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of directly related business planning consultation experience to include developing business strategy for short-term and/or long-term goals.
- Experience influencing and managing communication to senior executives, internal colleagues through concise, official and regular updates on status, progress, strategies and roadmaps
- Extensive experience in Project Management.
- Strong business acumen in financial services or related industry, and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Experience working with clients/customers to realize business issues and develop a strategy for the business’s direction from the gathered insights.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Product Owner/Experience Owner in a financial institution
- Experience developing and maintaining Key risk indicators and managing risk in a bank
- Proficiency working with Quality Assurance, compliance, and legal partners
- Experience in developing strategy and translating it to execution with IT development teams
- Current or prior Military experience (Veteran)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800.00- $192,300.00*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Business Strategy and Planning – Mid Level San Antonio, Texas
- Business Strategy and Planning Manager San Antonio, Texas
- Strategy and Planning Executive - Risk and Compliance San Antonio, Texas
- Corporate Development Associate I San Antonio, Texas
- IT (Executive) Communications Strategist - Remote Optional San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona