Business Strategy Analyst Mid-Level (Hyrbid)
- Job ID
- Date posted
Why USAA?At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for vital team members in the business unit to successfully lead, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
We are seeking a dedicated Business Strategy Analyst Mid-Level.
This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in one of the following locations: San Antonio, TX; Plano, TX; Phoenix, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Colorado Springs, CO or Tampa, FL. Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results.
What you'll do:
- Identifies and runs existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are optimally identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Collaborates with team members to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. Assists experienced Business Strategy Analysts and other subject matter authorities with refining hypotheses and identifying business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key partners to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Leverages sophisticated data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business results. Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Prepares materials that help communicate the significance of the strategic insights to senior leaders and other important team members. May participate in vital team member meetings
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics, or related discipline; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of proven experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e., P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.); OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics, or related discipline with 2 years’ experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e., P&C, Bank, Finance, etc.)
- Experience identifying business needs and developing strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
- Shown experience using data analytics to formulate data-driven insights.
- Experience performing data analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e., Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python).
What sets you apart:
- 1-2 years of experience with strategy development.
- 1-2 years of experience with customer segmentation and market share analysis.
- 1-4 years of experience deriving insights, capturing data, and making recommendations.
- Track record of success in fast paced productive environment.
- Strong base of knowledge in both analytics and at least one related business domain and ability to integrate the two.
- Eager to develop and advance technical skills and business knowledge.
- 1-4 years of experience conducting exploratory analysis and data gathering in scripted language SQL, SAS, R, Python or similar.
- 4 years of experience communicating results through data visualization using Tableau/Power BI/ggplot or similar tools.
- 1-4 years of experience in at least one of our key customer domains (Real Estate Lending/Product/Marketing/Finance/Sales/Workforce).
- US military experience through military service or a military spouse/domestic partner.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $78,670 - $150,330.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.