Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - P&C Governance & AdherenceLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031383 Date posted Apr. 10, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - P&C Governance & Adherence for our San Antonio, TX (WestRidge South) facility or Remote.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
- Manages and drives solutions for stronger controls on behalf of the business, and in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives which may include: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, or new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls and shares knowledge with team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Serves as a first line of defense Subject Matter Expert in one or more key areas e.g. Governance Risk and Compliance data (GRC) data.
- Holds responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Anticipates business needs and proactively identifies opportunities to improve and strengthen the control environment through actionable insights.
- Provides guidance in the execution of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSA's), translates control deficiencies into action plans and provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with stakeholders to drive improvement efforts to correct or prevent unfavorable trends and assess the impacts.
- Facilitates, manages and oversees complex projects involving cross-functional areas in the first line of defense.
- Leads project team through concept, planning, execution, and implementation phases for effective and timely risk remediation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses. Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring and management of resulting exception cases. Ensures adherence and compliance with regulations and controls by examining and proper documentation.
- Serves as a primary resource to less experienced team members and/or cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities. Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
- 6 or more years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment, information technology, public accounting or other related operational area that supports risk/compliance initiatives within the business.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (10 years total experience required without a degree).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with successful demonstration and translation of business strategy into governance execution and ongoing maintenance
- Experience leading small and large groups to a defined action including groups of executive leadership
- Experience working with internal controls, risk management and/or audit techniques
- Knowledge of banking or insurance laws and regulations
- Experience working in AGILE
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead– Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank) San Antonio, Texas
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level (Property and Casualty) San Antonio, Texas