Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead-Remote Available
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead
for the San Antonio, TX, Colorado Springs, CO, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL Offices and or 100% Remote Work Environment.
This team supports the Real Estate Servicing, which supports the risk management function on a first line of defense basis.
Promotes risk-awareness and the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls; including, risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Manages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Directs and oversees multiple initiatives in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives including but not limited to: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Applies a holistic understanding of risk and regulatory compliance to includes business strategies and solutions.
- Responsible for first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Designs solutions for unanswered business questions and anticipates future business needs.
- Directs, organizes and oversees action plans designed to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Influences and develops innovative solutions to mitigate risk and prevent risk exposures which result in significant business impacts.
- Manages the most complex projects involving cross-functional areas within the first line of defense.
- Defines and outlines new approaches to problem resolution and leads project team from concept through implementation.
- Advises senior management on the status of their control environment related to risk identification and control weaknesses.
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Serves as a primary resource to cross functional team members and advises on risk mitigation opportunities.
- Stays informed of changes to the regulatory environment to ensure proper compliance with processes and requirements are followed.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry.
- Or 8 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline.
- Or advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 6 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities.
- Knowledge of HELOC Servicing
- Strong Background in Real Estate Servicing Subservicer Oversight and Third Party Risk Management
- Strong Background in Real Estate Servicing Operational and Compliance Risk Management and related Documenting Controls
- Experience applying analytical methodology, inherent and residual risk analysis
- Experience in communicating with and presenting to Senior and Executive Level Management
- Controls Change Management Program Experience
- Knowledge of USAA Real Estate Servicing Preferred
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Program/Project Management Senior San Antonio, Texas