Business Risk and Controls Advisor I - Real Estate Servicing
Purpose of JobThis role has a work from home option.
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, first line of defense risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance-based initiatives. Responsible for supporting business leader adherence to the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, internal and external audits and regulatory exams, and monitoring of the first line of defense to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Advises the business on how to strengthen and manage their control environment pertaining to oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, CoSA Third Party Governance, or quality governance.
- Performs ongoing supervision and oversight of business controls which may include the coordination of testing, root cause analysis, control design, and examining key risk metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls.
- Performs risk data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools.
- Partners with business owners to assist them in the identification of control failures and assesses the impact.
- Assists with translating control deficiencies into action plans and facilitates effective and timely risk remediation through action plan oversight; provides recommendations to enhance governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Maintains processes, procedures, and tools for managing exception alerts as they occur, including monitoring of resulting exception cases.
- Provides control oversight to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Serves as a resource to team members.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance-related activities in a financial services operating environment or other relevant industry or 4 years of experience in a relevant quantitative discipline OR advanced degree or designation in a risk management or quantitative discipline, and 2 years of experience supporting risk and/or compliance related activities OR Or PhD in a risk management or quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of federal laws, rules, regulations, and applicable guidance to include: OCC Heightened Standards, HMDA, BSA/AML, TILA/REG Z, RESPA, FDPA, Reg B, SCRA.
- Experience in Real Estate Lending.
- Exam and/or Audit Management experience.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 - $131,400.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.