Business Process Consultant Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Process Consultant Senior for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Establishes strategic partnerships and maintains effective relationships with assigned CoSA business unit(s) and manages stakeholder interests including but not limited to CFO, HR, IT, and Legal. Applies expert knowledge and acts as a trusted advisor by providing consultation services to internal clients in areas of strategic sourcing, alternatives and solutions, supplier management, third party risk management, and global operations. Collects and consolidates demand and identifies opportunities by business portfolio, vertically within the CoSA and/or horizontally across the enterprise. Understands the customer market strategy and proactively identifies and confirms business requirements. Oversees the development of business process related solutions for clients. Viewed by customers as a consultant. Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which generally leads to a client’s internal process or function being modified for improved efficiency and effectiveness. May involve the recommendation to shift future performance to a third party. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Implements and coaches others in the implementation of customer engagement and product development plans.
- Develops customer specific business process program plans that align with customer, business deliverable, and enterprise strategy and influence appropriate roadmap(s).
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business and leads alignment and development of business deliverable processes and capabilities with business needs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for complex projects.
- Manages business process risks by using established methodologies and exercising control plans to ensure alignment with CoSA specific requirements, process requirements, and business needs. Identifies CoSA and business process risks across all activities.
- Develops communication plans for customers and internal stakeholders. Ensures alignment between internal stakeholders and customers across all business process projects and services using proactive communication and engagement strategies.
- Utilizes reporting, data, and analytics to measure process and project performance, deliver operational efficiencies, and inform key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, OR, 4 additional years’ experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years business process consulting or related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in successfully applying quality management, process improvement, and problem-solving tools and methodologies.
- Experience in implementing and sustaining change/improvements (change champion).
- Hands on experience with Process Mapping and Modeling and creating and validating process documentation.
- Experience in the application of process management standards and policies, and knowledge of applicable regulations and risk management practices.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean, Business Process Management, or similar methodology
- Demonstrated experience with utilizing various systems to collect and analyze data
- Advanced Excel data analysis tools, SalesForce data reporting, and experience with Tableau
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering executive level communication
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/22/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Process Consultant Senior - Real Estate San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Plano, Texas
- Business Process Consultant I--Digital Content (Remote work location available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Process Consultant II Phoenix, Arizona | Colorado Springs, Colorado | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Director, Business Process Consultant San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Business Process Consultant Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida