Business Operations Analyst SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031289 Date posted Apr. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobJobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Compiles, analyzes and interprets data to make strategic and tactical recommendations to business managers. Applies descriptive statistical data to business operations and presents recommendations to senior management in a meaningful format. Participates in projects requiring reporting of key metrics. May partner with technology group to define business requirements, perform user acceptance testing and implement changes. Consults with the business client to understand, define and provide information to inform the problem and recommend solutions. Provides subject matter expertise on all matters of business analytical or operational data needs. Works closely with enterprise and business process owners to integrate data analytics into business processes to improve business performance.
- Partners with the business and Information Technology to meet the needs for COSA data reporting, analytics and complex projects.
- Performs compilation, analysis and reporting of COSA data.
- Advanced subject matter knowledge in consulting and advising business partners on ad hoc or undefined matters related to business analytics and decision support solutions.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to utilize advanced data delivery and business solutions techniques to optimize their contribution to resolving business issues.
- Interacts across key stakeholders to deliver and increase efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting needs.
- Maintains an understanding of business processes, supporting data and applications and strategic direction.
- Performs quality work efforts, assignments and problem resolution.
- Provides consulting to define the problem, provides insights into what happened and when, and suggests alternative performance metrics.
- Proactively communicates between business/enterprise processes and analytics team to improve delivery, value and integration of analytics into business/enterprise processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years reporting and/or data management experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with ETL, SAS, and SQL
- Experience with Web based tools
- Data requirements gathering experience
- Financial Services experience
- Strong knowledge and development experience with data integration and automation tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 04/16/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead– Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank) San Antonio, Texas
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level (Property and Casualty) San Antonio, Texas