Business Intelligence Senior Engineer
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobAbout USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
Job Description Summary
We are hiring a hard-working Business Intelligence Senior Engineer for our San Antonio, TX facility. This person may also work remotely.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days' onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee’s manager.
The candidate selected for this position will join the USAA Enterprise Security Group's Information Security Business Intelligence team. We have a ground floor opportunity to build and operate an extraordinary, fully automated, data science solution using enterprise and cloud technologies for the collection, analysis, and visualization of cybersecurity risk.
Tools/Functions: ETL / ELT, DataStage, Apache NiFi, Java Batch, Python, Dremio, Snowflake, Netezza, Oracle, MS SQL, ELK (Elastic, Logstash, Kibana), SDLC.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring Information Security is integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in Enterprise systems. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Installs, configures, fixes, and maintains hardware and software.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads peers and junior team members in the execution of Information Security domain activities while anticipating efforts that will impact their team.
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific Information Security (e.g. Cloud services, encryption, PKI etc.) and IT technologies (e.g. operating systems, networks, storage, virtualization etc.).
- Develops and maintains expertise in the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Creates, publishes, maintains, and interprets Information Security baselines for specific technologies (e.g. operating systems, databases). Socializes Security baselines with team members.
- Operates and maintains hardware and software of Information Security solutions and technologies (e.g. firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies).
- Participates in vendor roadmap discussions and feature requests.
- Monitors and fixes sophisticated systems, tools and/or networking solutions.
- Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report complex security issues.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to tune and improve Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats.
- Writes code/scripts/automation to detect or prevent new threats that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to Information Security.
- Provides insight on issues and serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of related experience in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and/or Information Technology with a security focus to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 4 years of related experience in AppSec, Cloud, Firewall, Web Proxies, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS), Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Apple, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Identity and Access Management engineering and /or Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions,
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
- Programming or scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred).
- SQL and Python experience
- SDLC/Extreme Programming and/or DevSecOps experience
- Experience with Snowflake
- Data wrangling experience (API, file collection programming)
- Programming automation/scheduling – example, Control M
- Cloud experience (AWS data capabilities/knowledge)
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800.00 - 192,300.00*.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.