Business Intelligence Analyst - Mid LevelLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0040157 Date posted Oct. 21, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobAnalyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Gathers complex business requirements by defining the business problem and data requirements.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the design, development and implementation of decision support solutions, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection.
- Partners with the business operations to ensure effective design of decision support solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Partners with IT to influence the design, alignment, and implementation of technical standards to address appropriate business solutions.
- -Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related technical field (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.)
- Master's degree in Math, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- PhD in Math, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- -If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
- If Master's degree, 2 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
- If PhD, 1 or more years experience in data management or information technology function
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2 years experience working with Tableau
- 2 years experience working with SAS and Python
- Experience with Risk Management and Fraud
- Current USAA Contractor
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/17/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Intelligence Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas |
- Information Lifecycle Management Lead Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas
- Data Governance Advisor Lead Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida