Business Intelligence Analyst Lead
Purpose of Job**100% Remote Work Environment Available**
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
This role is designated as an Information Steward for Payments and Accounting applications at USAA. The Information Steward will be the owner of application data and ensure data meets proper fit, use and governance requirements. The Information Steward will be accountable to collaborate with IT agile teams to identify, document and consult on changes to data, databases, data architecture as IT changes are implemented.
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and provides oversight in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes and expert understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead or direct the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation or data collection.
- A strategic partner with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ - to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value.
- Provides thought leadership and system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on best practices.
- Provides internal team leadership by mentoring and providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques and processes.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the direction of management.
- Influences and drives Business Intelligence maturation across the Data & Analytic community.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to keep abreast of industry trends and share best practices with team.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics or other business-relevant discipline. 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of experience in data and analytics, technical or business-relevant function; OR if advanced degree in a STEM discipline, 6 years’ experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function.
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience
- Experience and expertise in the identification and implementation of innovative approaches to address complex business problems and solutions.
- Extensive experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related)
- Proven expert ability to leverage or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills delivering tailored presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in embedding intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- Demonstrated data and/or analytics subject matter expertise.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Advanced SQL
- Expert knowledge of Information Governance frameworks
- Extensive Knowledge of BCBS 239
- Experience working with payment systems, Accounts Payable, Wires, ACH, Zelle, Checks etc.
- Experience working with IT using Agile framework.
- Experience in Metadata Management
- Experience in data quality testing
- Experience in developing Information and Data Architecture
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/17/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Director, Information Governance (CFO Information Governance) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Senior Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst - Mid Level San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Information Governance Advisor San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Lead Business Information Architect Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida