Business Intelligence Analyst II - Open to Remote
At USAA, you’ll be able to align your skillset with our values. Our Data & Analytics team provides crucial insights that benefit our members – active military, those who’ve served and their families. So, when you look beyond the facts and figures, you won’t just find a solution for our business. You’ll find a way to improve the livelihoods and outcomes of our members. See how you can grow a meaningful career with USAA.
- Full Time
- Minimal Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Business Intelligence Analyst II - Open to Remote at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Problem solver
- Results driven
- Team player
Here's what our people are saying
“USAA helps me create an environment for success for my team, where we can create healthy challenges, drive accountability, feel valued, innovate and build for the future. Every day, I feel blessed to be serving those that have served the country.”
Venkata A.Information Governance
“As a woman in Data Science, I like working for a company that values diversity and inclusion. Additionally, I am a military BRAT and a member of a Gold Star Family, so USAA’s mission is an incredible opportunity to ‘Go Above for those who have Gone Beyond.’ Put simply, coming to USAA feels like coming home.”
Michelle S.Data Scientist
“USAA truly believes in the value of leveraging our data to improve Member experiences. What I work on every day ends up impacting our Members. I am elated to be part of a company where my work is impactful and where my ongoing professional growth and academic pursuits are supported and even promoted.”
David H.Data Scientist
Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Business Intelligence Analyst II - Open to Remote
Purpose of JobLife Company Data & Analytics is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst II to work in the San Antonio Office or 100% Remote Work Environment. This candidate will provide analysis and reporting for Life Insurance, Health Insurance, and/or annuity lines of business. Candidate will create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
Analyzes business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in cross functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Independently or with guidance, participates in gathering business requirements by partnering with customer to define the business problem and data needs.
- Utilizes working knowledge of multiple data structures and sources to support the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Develops partnerships and works closely with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence enablement efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization best practices - often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ - to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to maximize the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the stakeholder/end-user in order to drive business value.
- Develops working knowledge of relevant data, information, and application architecture to influence decisions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Business Analytics or other business-relevant discipline OR 4 additional years of relevant data and analytics or technical experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 2 years of experience in data and analytics, technical, or business-relevant function; OR if Advanced degree in a STEM discipline, up to 2 years’ experience in data and analytics, technical, or business relevant function.
- Ability to build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor and leadership levels.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with emerging analytical techniques and ability to learn new techniques quickly
- Experience managing internal metrics, data, and business intelligence strategies
- 2 or more years of experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- 2 or more years of experience working with SAS, SQL, R, Python, Tableau or other analysis software
- 1 or more years of experience in HTML/CSS, JS/JQuery, Bootstrap, React, any back-end server integration
- Strong communication and presentation skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 11/23/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Information Management Analyst Senior (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Tampa, Florida
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Information Governance Advisor I – Data Governance (Remote Work Location Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Manager Senior Information Governance - Bank San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Tampa, Florida
- Lead Sensitive Data Security Advisor (Remote) San Antonio, Texas