Busineess Strategy Analyst SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas | Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031716 Date posted Apr. 27, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThis position is open to all sites.
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy.
- Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business data.
- Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Communicates the significance of strategic insights to the senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
- May provide guidance and on-the-job training to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- 6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR
Master's Degree and 4 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience performing complex data analysis.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 3+ years bank pricing experience.
- 7+ years bank analytics experience.
- Python, R, SAS or similar coding skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/02/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor II - Bank Loss Data San Antonio, Texas
- Director Compliance Risk Management-Health Insurance San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead – P&C Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas