Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior for the San Antonio Home Office II/III.
Using a level of expertise, develops, proposes and delivers credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy performance as well as external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for bank portfolio products within the risk taxonomy. 100% Remote Opportunity Available
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to identify opportunities for improvement and tailor credit strategies to the needs of the business.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops clear and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategies to influence senior decision makers.
- Recognizes opportunities to improve credit risk strategies and builds support for recommendations.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their work products.
- Independently executes existing and develops new portfolio reporting to monitor credit strategy and escalates the quality and direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of management.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Conducts detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and evaluate the credit risk within a loan portfolio according to operational risk and compliance standards.
- Performs complex, multi-factor credit risk assessments and recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis OR if Master’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline, 4 years of experience consumer credit risk analysis.
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk, and/or compliance.
- Advanced business acumen and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced research, investigation skills and good judgement skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4 years’ experience designing, developing and implementing business rules related to bank credit risk, underwriting or marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience with capturing, storing and presenting governance documentation to internal and external Auditors.
- Proven experience coordinating and working with suppliers/vendors in relation to software and business application support
- Working experience in Marketing and Marketing systems
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200- $158,900*(this does not include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/16/21 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- AVP, Business Risk and Controls - Human Resources San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance Risk Manager Lead-Life Insurance Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Reporting Analyst Senior Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Compliance Risk Management-Legal Compliance San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas
- Bank Credit Risk Lead San Antonio, Texas | Colorado Springs, Colorado | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida