Bank Business Process Consultant Senior
- Job ID
- Date posted
Purpose of JobLet’s do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. Not all of our employees served in our nation’s military, but we all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We’re working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and service. They’re what guides everything we do – from how we treat our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what makes us so special!
We are seeking a dedicated Bank Business Process Consultant Senior. This Senior position can be based in one of our following office locations: San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, Colorado Springs, CO, Charlotte, NC or work remotely in the continental U.S. with occasional business travel.
This Bank Business Process Consultant Senior role will support the Credit Card Product Agile Release train, tasked with launching and enhancing products within USAA’s credit card organization.
This role applies sophisticated knowledge of bank processes and products and acts as a trusted advisor by providing consultation services to internal clients in areas of strategic sourcing, alternatives and solutions, supplier management, affiliate agreement adherence, third party risk management, and bank operations. You will collect and consolidate demand and find opportunities within the Bank. The role implements and is responsible for the development of business process related solutions for internal clients and members, evaluating processes/ resources and developing effective solutions/ improvements/ enhancements to drive the efficient operation of the Bank.
What you'll do:
- Engage with key partners to implement sustainable strategic solutions.
- Develop business process enhancements for the Bank that aligns business results, bank strategy and risk management framework.
- Lead planning and execution efforts and coordinates activities for highly complex projects.
- Apply a comprehensive understanding of risk and regulatory compliance to manage risks by using established methodologies and exercising control plans to ensure alignment with bank specific goals and process requirements.
- Provide consultation to influence and ensure process is designed to address risk across all activities.
- Review and develop communication and change management plans for customers and internal partners to drive awareness on current processes and/or changes.
- Ensure alignment between internal partners and customers across all business process projects and services using proactive communication and engagement strategies.
- Use data and analytics to deliver insight into customer and business process performance, find opportunities to influence customer and business process activities and inform key partners.
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree (10 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
- 6 years of experience in business process consulting, process design and/or program/project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of bank products and processes.
- Experience in implementing and sustaining change/improvements.
- Experience in applying quality management, process improvement, and leveraging process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Experience applying retail bank subject matter expertise to simplify the customer experience, standardize process execution, and automate where possible.
- Expert experience/ knowledge of Risk Management frameworks and Banking Regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business processes.
What sets you apart:
- 2-3 years of experience working in financial services, ideally within credit card
- 1-3 years of experience owning, maintaining or building detective or preventative controls
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
What we offer:
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position is: $95,250--$182,030.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.