Audit Manager - QAIP
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Audit Manager – QAIP, for the San Antonio Home Office II/III, Plano Legacy, Phoenix, or 100% remote work environment.
Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit engagements throughout the audit life-cycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers. Develops and independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Mentors staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/IT techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
This position is for an Audit Manager within the Audit Services Quality Assurance & Improvement Program (QAIP) Team within the Professional Practices group. QAIP drives continuous improvement in Audit Services practices through the maintenance of a Quality Assurance and Improvement Program that covers all aspects of the internal auditing activity, including conformity with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Standards and Code of Ethics and regulatory requirements. It is designed to ensure that Audit Services can continuously deliver best in class internal audit services to USAA, providing assurance to stakeholders that Audit Services performs in accordance with its Charter and operates in an effective and efficient manner.
Quality Assessment processes provide assurance that internal auditing work documented in Internal Audit files conforms to USAA Audit Services Standards and Methodology and IIA International Standards. The QA process is enterprise-wide, covering audits across all segments and entities (e.g. Banking , Life Insurance, P&C Insurance, Finance, and Information Technology). The QA process also extends to ensuring quality of all core Audit Services processes and reporting mechanisms in line with IIA and regulatory expectations.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports and continuous monitoring.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Identifies and remediates issues and roadblocks to successful completion of audit activities.
- Provides guidance on the use of business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Communicates with the business/clients; delivers both risk-based and difficult messages. May communicate with regulators and leaders.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations.
Bachelor's degree in Business relevant field.
4 additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience OR relevant master’s degree with 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience in audit execution.
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Internal audit experience
- Experience in a Quality Assurance & Improvement Program (QAIP) function for a large bank
- Experience assessing audit standards against industry and regulatory requirements to ensure continued compliance.
Additional Job Details:
Core activities for this position include:
- Assesses USAA audit standards against industry and regulatory requirements to ensure continued compliance.
- Performs audit quality reviews designed to assess and facilitate group wide conformance with IIA and adopted professional standards.
- Executes horizontal assessments of conformance with processes to inform guidelines and training opportunities.
- Reviews results with the Chief Audit Executive, Internal Audit Executives, Senior Audit Management and Lead Auditors quarterly.
- Prepares report of QA results for management and board deliverables.
- Participates in the development of relevant standards, methodologies, common audit programs, quality review programs, and other initiatives undertaken for the benefit of the Audit Services department.
- Proactively advise the audit department on developments in QAIP matters.
- Periodically update reporting on Audit Services practices and QAIP to regulators, as required.
- Participate in external reviews, including requests by external auditors and regulators, and manage stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
- Research benchmarking against best in class audit practices.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 8/12/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Business Operations Analyst II (Individual Contributor) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona
- Data Program/Project Lead (Bank Analytics) - 100% Remote Available San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead -Real Estate Controls Oversight (100% Remote Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead - Real Estate Analysis and Reporting (100% Remote Available) San Antonio, Texas