Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABAC) Compliance Risk Manager SeniorLocation San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0036948 Date posted Aug. 21, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Compliance Risk Manager Senior for our San Antonio, TX, facility or remote.
The Compliance Risk Manager provides second-line independent oversight and guidance regarding business products, services, and processes through a compliance framework to ensure they are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the business and key stakeholders, continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members.
- Provides guidance to the business to ensure documents, projects, processes or product initiatives comply with regulatory and legal requirements and enterprise policy.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root cause(s) of potential compliance risk, provides recommendations that influence business solutions and validates resolution
- Responsible for project management by leading and influencing cross functional enterprise or compliance teams.
- Reviews implementation planning for new laws and regulations and ensures appropriate parties have been engaged.
- Conveys information and position clearly, concisely, logically and in an organized manner.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6 or more years relevant work experience in compliance, risk, or audit function.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge in a specific area of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 6+ years’ experience within financial services industry at a law firm, a Legal or Compliance department or with a regulator (OFAC, SEC, DOJ, FED, state securities regulator).
- 3+ years’ experience with proven experience with FCPA, UK Bribery Act and similar laws and regulations globally.
- Proven experience in an ABAC advisory role focused on Hiring Practices, Finance & Expense Controls (including Gifts & Entertainment), and Third-Party Risk management.
- Proven experience in drafting relevant ABAC Policies, Standards, and Procedures.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Ability to build rapport with key partners and interface with businesses and functions in order to facilitate the successful implementation of the Enterprise ABAC Program.
- Advanced Degree or JD.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 08/26/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas