Tax Advisor Senior - Real Estate FundsLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031323 Date posted Apr. 12, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Tax Advisor Senior for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
The Senior Tax Advisor will have key responsibilities for tax compliance, tax accounting and tax strategy. The primary responsibilities will be centered around real estate fund multi-tiered structures with an emphasis on partnership taxation.
This role is responsible for the major aspects of the tax reporting process for USAA Real Estate Company, its subsidiaries, and affiliates to include ensuring accurate and timely tax compliance, effective collaboration with business partners and external service providers, evaluation of transactions with the ability to assess and communicate tax technical aspects, review of complex tax returns, review and document technical merits of tax positions, and other related tasks.
The candidate should possess an advanced knowledge of tax laws and regulations related to partnership taxation to include interest transfers, §704(c) allocations, §704(b) capital account maintenance, waterfall distributions, and mergers and divisions. In addition, the candidate should have strong knowledge related to complex multi-tiered structures to include corporations, REITs, domestic and foreign investors, and tax provisions. Candidate will be required to research and advise on potential tax implications of transactions based on existing, new and proposed laws and regulations and will assist in the development of tax strategies and mitigation of tax risks.
- Researches, analyzes, interprets, and applies complex federal and state tax laws, regulations, and court or other regulatory agencies' rulings or decisions to meet compliance requirements.
- Proactively makes recommendations to management to mitigate tax impacts.
- Leads special projects, proactively develops and implements tax planning strategies, and analyzes proposed legislation.
- Prepares and/or reviews highly complex federal and state income, sales and premium tax returns, including the analysis of complied data and GAAP and STAT accounting treatment, computing current and cumulative tax adjustments, and completing required forms and schedules.
- Seeks resolution of high risk tax audit issues.
- Provides insight and guides management on issues.
- Calculates and/or reviews forecasted and actual financial statement current and deferred tax amounts in accordance with GAAP and STAT accounting rules and prepares tax footnote disclosures.
- Proactively communicates tax impacts on performance measures and variances and suggests potential options to mitigate negative effects.
- Prepares and/or reviews tax-related deliverables related to stress testing and risk management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar business concentration required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or a similar business concentration or Juris Doctor or Master of Laws
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years of related experience and accountability for complex tasks and/or projects required OR If Master's or Juris Doctor degree, 4 or more years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with tax matters related to multi-tiered real estate funds to include partnerships, REITs, and corporations.
- Experience with tax accounting (ASC 740) applicable to real estate structures.
- Proven ability to research tax laws, regulations, policies, and procedures with minimal or no supervision.
- Confident and knowledgeable providing client tax advisory services.
- Proven ability to effectively manage tax processes and procedures; communicate issues, provide recommendations and solutions to management and client.
- Confident in communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to work in a team environment and on multiple tasks/projects at one time.
- Public accounting experience.
- CPA designation.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.