Staff Auditor - Bank Operations
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Staff Auditor - Bank Operations
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Staff Auditor – Bank Operations for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Job Description Summary
Performs basic to moderately complex audit assignments. Identifies problems for resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and control identification and evaluation, increasingly complex audit techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews. Continued deepening of risk and compliance acumen. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
- Completes audit program assignments and continuous monitoring in an objective, timely and professional manner in support of the annual audit plan and audit priorities.
- May assist in development of testing programs.
- Accountable for quality work paper documentation including understanding key risk and controls aligning to audit test objectives and conclusions.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Tests business, application, and/or IT general controls (ITGC) in an objective and professional manner and provides suggested updates to engagement risk assessment, audit documentation.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Utilizes business systems, applications, and audit tools and may create basic queries and ad hoc reports.
- May assist with continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders and clients/business leaders regarding issues and control weaknesses, offering guidance on severity and business action plans.
- Identifies and supports drafting of issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field OR four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience OR relevant Master's Degree with up to 2 years of relevant experience
- 2-4 years of Bank Operations experience at a large financial industry.
- Preferred compliance or risk management experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/18/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time