Sr. Risk Analyst - Bank Enterprise Risk Management
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Sr. Risk Analyst - Bank Enterprise Risk Management at USAA? Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Sr. Risk Analyst - Bank Enterprise Risk Management
Purpose of JobABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans
We are currently seeking a talented Sr. Risk Analyst - Bank Enterprise Risk Management for the San Antonio Home Office or the Plano Office.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (Total of 10 years of experience)
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area or an advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
- 5+ years of experience within a large financial institution subject to Heightened Standards, specifically in risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- Prior regulator experience and/or working knowledge of regulatory requirements to include OCC Heightened Standards
- Effective challenge experience in 2nd Line of Defense/Independent Risk Management role with focus on evaluating and documenting adherence to Risk Governance Framework
- Strong Risk Assessment Framework knowledge and experience including execution/oversight of Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Unit Risk Assessments, and Targeted Risk Assessments
- Experience implementing a risk identification process, aggregating risk, and executing risk reporting
- Experience analyzing various types of risks and data with output to dashboards and/or formal written assessments
- Experience developing clear and concise written analysis and communicating conclusions/findings to senior management and Board committees
- Experience building reports and presentations and managing projects
- Working knowledge of credit, financial, operational, compliance, strategic, and reputation risks
- Experience with reviewing, testing and challenging risk assessments
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.