Senior Auditor - P&C
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Senior Auditor - P&C
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Senior Auditor – P&C for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Remote facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Executes and may lead moderately complex audit assignments. Identifies problems and resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements across the organization. Performs risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and interviews. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators
- Leads and executes moderately complex audit engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers.
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Conducts or assists with continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Prioritizes work to meet milestones without compromising quality.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Performs and updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data (including risk trends, risk levels, and/or control/process weaknesses).
- Communicates effectively with audit leaders, and clients/business leaders to include delivering both risk-based and difficult messages.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for corrective action; drafts related issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field OR four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience OR relevant Master's Degree with 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Internal Audit experience supporting large Personal Line Insurance Company (Auto and/or Property)
- Internal Audit experience at Insurance company regulated by Federal Reserve Bank
- Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- 4+ internal audit experience supporting large financial institutions
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/31/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time