Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Credit Loss Forecasting
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
- Full Time
- Mid Level
- No Travel
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Credit Loss Forecasting at USAA?
Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Parental Leave Leave
ON-SITE GYM/ FITNESS CENTER
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Credit Loss Forecasting
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Quantitative Risk Analyst I - Credit Loss Forecasting for the Plano or San Antonio Home Office.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate quantitative and analytical practices and processes. Conducts and develops quantitative and analytic models, assessments and/or applications in support of risk management efforts that assess the market and identify risks and gaps in existing or proposed processes. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
Specifically, this team is responsible for Credit Loss Forecasting in areas such as Reserves, Loss Forecasting and Stress Testing across all portfolios. Please review the Preferred Skills section for more specific responsibilities and skills as they relate to this position.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
ABOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA’s noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
- Utilizes advanced analytics to assess future risk, opportunities, and effectiveness and translates results into meaningful solutions to enhance decision making.
- Assesses and mitigates exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks in alignment with the risk strategy and appetite.
- Applies knowledge to produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Produces and communicates analytical content for discussions with cross functional teams, governance committees and business process owners to influence business strategies.
- May create statistical reporting and financial analysis to forecast results for required stress test scenarios, including analyzing and challenging stress testing results and partnering with relevant functions to validate those results.
- May engage in model validations, produce model validation reports, measure and aggregate model risks, and/or report on model issues to committees, auditors, and regulators.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years related quantitative analysis experience in a discipline relevant to risk management to include statistical analysis, modeling, mathematics or other quantitative discipline OR advanced degree/designation in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, or other quantitative discipline and 2 years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management OR PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 2+ years of credit loss modeling experience in areas such Stress Testing, Loss Forecasting, Reserve
- Experience analyzing the results of scenarios and stress tests leveraging on both product and market knowledge, ensuring accuracy of risk data going into credit stress testing calculations and running new stress scenarios to ensure more complete capture within the credit risk portfolio
- Advanced Degree in finance or other quantitative discipline
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to develop and implement new risk analysis tools and measures and to enhance the quality of stress testing analysis communicated to management and business units
- Exceptional analytical thinking and problem solving skills
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.