Product Management Director - Credit Card
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Product Management Director - Credit Card
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Product Manager Director – Credit Card for the San Antonio Home Office II/III or Plano.
This is a critical role in the Bank Card Experiences organization. Responsible for ensuring growth, profitability and regulatory compliance of one or more credit card products. This role will closely monitor and improve P&L and KPIs of the assigned credit card product/s. Will support the Product Management executive in the maintenance of existing products and/or may lead in the development and launch of less complex, new products. Responsible for delivering regular status reports regarding various aspects of the product. Partners with resources to gather and synthesize information used to refine and expand product features. Collaborates with the Product Management Support team and other internal resources to create and disseminate information regarding changes and updates to product features.
- Leverages resources to gather data and member information to support formulation of product strategy and enhance competitive intelligence.
- Develops product strategy recommendations, as well as dashboards and metrics.
- Partners with Marketing to define and implement product strategy.
- Participates in the recommendations to launch new products and the evaluation and decision to buy/build or ally.
- Analyzes and evaluates product performance metrics to form recommendations regarding market opportunities and product enhancements.
- Leads efforts to expand or change existing product features.
- Contributes to decisions regarding product pricing and profitability.
- Identifies and evaluates potential providers for alliance relationships.
- Provides support regarding all aspects of Product Life Cycle.
- Approves and distributes press briefings.
- Coordinates with relevant control partners (to include Legal, Compliance, and Risk Management) to ensure product offerings are designed, implemented and managed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Supply Chain, Statistics, or related discipline or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years relevant industry experience in Actuary, Underwriting, Marketing or Operations.
- 4 or more years direct product management experience.
- Expert knowledge of applicable Microsoft Office applications.
- Expert experience in creating product briefings and presenting to executive leadership.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 5 or more years working for a card issuer in product, operations, marketing or similar functions
- 3 or more years credit card product management experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/12/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.