Platform / Talon Developer - Mid LevelLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033159 Date posted May. 15, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Platform / Talon Developer – Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
Developers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Developers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Developers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
This position requires travel between remote offices as necessary (approximately 4-6 weeks per year).
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity.
- With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
- Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages.
- May begin to identify issues that impact availability.
- Bachelor's degree, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- AND, 2+ years experience in software development experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience working with USAA Design Language System
- Experience working with UCD to deploy and release applications
- Experience in USAA Code Reviews
- Experience working across remote sites providing technical expertise, troubleshooting, and insight along with collaboration support
- Experience leading technical training
- Experience delivering to production multiple times within the last 2 years.
- Experience mentoring developers in front end development
USAA Software Developers transform analytics to impact our members' experiences. Collectively, we are:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.