Manager Senior, Information Governance - Bank (100% Remote Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Manager Senior, Information Governance for the San Antonio Home Office II/III, Plano, TX office or 100% Remote Work Location Available.
Bank Business Intelligence and Analytics (BBIA) is seeking a Senior Manager, Information Governance to support the Bank Data Analytics Stewardship function. The ideal candidate will have a strong data analysis background, technical acumen, in-depth understanding of the data development life cycle, passion for data quality and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Senior Manager will work alongside Information Governance Advisors to obtain an in-depth understanding of Enterprise Information Governance policies and standards, What Great Looks Like and how Bank can achieve compliance. The Senior Manager will coordinate with IT partners to define how we execute, help translate these standards and policies into clear, actionable guidelines that IT partners can align to during the development process and perform deep data and impact analysis when required.
Manages the implementation of strategies that supports maturing USAA's information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management capabilities. Enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to industry best practices. Accountable for the quality of results from work produced by the team.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads team in information governance, data quality, information architecture, data management, and information asset management capabilities and working with the program and/or product management and Information Technology community in prioritizing and funding capabilities delivery.
- Drives capabilities and solutions involving information governance throughout the enterprise.
- Ensures that information governance principles are accurately represented, prioritized and aligned with information management and information solution activities throughout the enterprise.
- Establishes strong relationships and collaborates with business, risk, compliance, and IT partners on utilizing information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management capabilities in support of achieving business operations and strategic goals and objectives.
- Interacts with key enterprise stakeholders on institutionalizing and maturing information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management capabilities.
- Establishes and exhibits proactive communication between business and IT teams to improve effectiveness and value of information governance, data quality, information architecture and information asset management processes to the business.
- Contributes to USAA information governance community best practices and drives data domain alignment with peers and leaders.
- Provides the leadership, motivation and environment necessary for building high performing teams that collaborate with enterprise stakeholders in defining information governance, data quality, data management, information architecture, and information asset management capabilities that supports business needs.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Technology, Finance, Risk, Audit, Information Studies or a related technical field OR 4 additional years of work experience in Information Governance, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, Information Management or Information Architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in Information or Data related practices to include: Information Governance, Information Management, Information Architecture, IT, Information Technology, Risk, Audit, analysis and reporting; or Advanced degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies, Risk, Audit, Information Technology or a related technical field and 4 years of experience in Information or Data related practices as noted above.
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management experience.
- Experience mentoring team members and peers across complex problem-solving activities and domains.
- Strong operational knowledge and experience applying risk management and mitigation frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of and practical experience developing data management & governance policies, standards, processes, procedures and/or using data governance technologies.
- Strong thought leadership and demonstrated ability to set and translate strategy and vision into execution.
- Experience interacting with and managing relationships with a broad set of stakeholders (audit, legal, compliance, management, regulatory agencies, and business partners).
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to create synergies/draw connections across multiple platforms/disparate systems to drive consistency and reuse in metadata.
- Prior experience with tools: JIRA, Rally, IBM InfoSphere Suite (Information Governance Catalog, Information Analyzer, DataStage).
- Understanding of the data development life cycle and information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata management, data quality, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.