Java Software Engineer with Mortgage OR Banking Experience - Lead LevelLocation Plano, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas; Job ID R0040973 Date posted Nov. 29, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Java Software Engineer with Mortgage OR Banking Experience - Lead Level for the Plano Office .
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs. This role is occupied by those who display expertise within their respective areas of specialization that enable them to lead and influence technical direction with an appropriate awareness of decisions and resulting impacts on business and technical objectives. Incumbents effectively evaluate and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results. In addition; Incumbents have productive and solid working relationships with internal and third party team members and, on behalf of management, delegate technical work packages.
- Leads and influences technical direction for large scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems.
- Provides technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Collaborates with the business to prioritize key business/technical initiatives.
- Utilizes expert knowledge of the customers business to recommend solutions, and ensures business and technology objectives are met and maintained.
- Understands user and process requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business and/or as a technical resource to cross functional third party and internal team members on highly complex design/code reviews.
- May troubleshoot complex problems and recommend solutions or practices relative to root cause analyses and identification of solutions for improving system performance and availability.
- On behalf of the manager; manages the consistent delegation of work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Appropriately advises management of issues.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Performs design and analysis, coding and unit/integration testing of highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Displays advanced knowledge and understanding of functional and technical domains of specific products and appropriately evaluates the impact of changes or additions.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
- Actively mentors and contributes to the technical and soft skills development of internal and third party teams.
- Actively participates in cross departmental staffing and/or technical decisions.
- Typically anticipates opportunities and proactively and consistently champions innovative solutions cross functionally and across the Enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding within specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 4+ years’ experience with Financial Services Technical Systems and Applications.
- 3+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development OR containerization(using frameworks like OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes), and micro services
- 2+ years in AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SAFe, etc.)
- 2+ years’ experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
- Experience in design and develop automated tests and frameworks
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day to apply to the opening is 11/27/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.