Director, Business Strategy Analytics-Agile PerformanceLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038000 Date posted Aug. 30, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThis high performing leader will manage a cross functional team of analysts and product managers who will build out the capabilities to drive improved agile team transparency and performance for $1B in technology investment spend. This leader will oversee product management for enabling tools and thought leadership on analytical frameworks to create actionable insights that improve the efficiency and effectiveness for hundreds of agile teams delivering working software. The role will have significant interaction with senior technology and business leaders while also staying close to the cross functional agile teams to foster a continuous improvement environment optimizing for agility in pursuit of delivering business outcomes.
- Responsible for employee selection, development, performance evaluation, coaching, corrective action, and all other manager-related administrative functions.
- Directs work assignments and provides guidance and training while adhering to regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and oversees analytic direction for the business unit to enable proactive and sustained information-based learning on industry trends, market developments, USAA’s strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends.
- Leads discussions to provide input into strategy development with General Managers, Product Owners, Experience Owners and other key partners based on learning from analyses and strategy management work.
- Oversees efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy, and the development of the analytical framework and blue print to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product or member experience.
- Oversees and partners with key teams to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels and Member Experience.
- Uses expert analytical rigor and best practices to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Impeccably communicates the significance of the strategic insights to senior leaders and key stakeholders. Effectively influences and drives strategic agreement through intellect, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum Work Experience:
- 8 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR
- Master’s Degree and 6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions
- Demonstrated experience leading complex data analysis
- Demonstrated experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience leading analytic teams focused on defining metrics and reporting to improve operational performance ideally within a technology setting
- Experience leading product owners and/or product managers for agile teams that deliver software solutions
- Experience with Lean/agile delivery methodologies (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe))
- Experience with agile technology work item and planning tools (e.g. Jira, Agile Central)
- Experience managing people leaders
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- VP, Regulatory Affairs Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Secondary Marketing (Post Closing) San Antonio, Texas
- R0039675 Director, Compliance - Life Insurance / Annuities Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Bank Compliance Risk Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida