Director, Audit Services - Issue ValidationLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0031216 Date posted Apr. 05, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Director, Audit Services - Issue Validation for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or remote facility.
Manages the development of the department's audit program and universe risk assessment process, advisory services and projects, or non-core audit processes. Responsible for overall employee performance management of unit employees to include audit excellence and the development of effective team relationships. In addition, a Director in Audit Services filters key information to audit executives and participates in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Manages the development of the department's audit program and universe risk assessment process or advisory services, projects or noncore audit process.
- Reviews work performed to support effective execution of the audit plan.
- Oversees the production of audit reports or other unit work product ensuring accuracy.
- Provides oversight to engagement and observation analytics, ensuring high quality metrics are communicated to key stakeholders through audit reports and CAE communications to senior management and the boards of directors for USAA and its separate subsidiaries.
- Addresses issues escalated by team members and manages disagreements and gains appropriate resolution to complex issues with stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Escalates to senior leadership as appropriate.
- Creates and nurtures relationships with key stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA.
- Responsible for overall employee performance management of unit employees to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, and disciplinary action.
- Meets regularly with employees to monitor progress towards objectives.
- Prepares and delivers annual performance reviews for assigned employees.
- Supports the development of, and participates in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or a related degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of progressive audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience.
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required.
- Broad and comprehensive experience with assessing internal controls, business/information technology risks and utilizing audit techniques.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated specialized knowledge in one or more business/information technology areas or general knowledge in multiple business areas, including, but not limited to: banking, insurance, investments, financial services, information technology operations, information technology infrastructure and information security governance.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Internal Audit experience.
- Issue Validation experience.
- Compliance and/or Risk experience.
- Certified Internal Audit Certificate.
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/11/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Lead– Modeling Center of Excellence (Bank) San Antonio, Texas
- Risk Analyst I – Mid Level (Property and Casualty) San Antonio, Texas