Decision Science Analyst Lead - Deposits and Money MovementLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033258 Date posted May. 22, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job"Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
Provide decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed by the Decision Science Analyst involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes,transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives."
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Organizes and oversees the development of requirements/resources necessary to meet objectives.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to all levels of management.
- Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
- Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Monitors, understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
Succinctly delivers complex analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences senior executives, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline OR 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.
A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field
A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, and 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
If Master's Degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, and 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
If PhD, 5 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function, and 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Demonstrates expert skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience with USAA Modeling and USAA Enterprise data assets.
- Experience with non-USAA Bank Analytics and Compliance
- Experience with segmentation strategies, and deepening metrics frameworks
- Experience leading IT D&A efforts (business rules input, prototyping), delivering business product requirements in operational Predictive Analytics (Efficiency Ratio drivers)
- Experience providing technical coaching to analysts with respect to coding, stakeholder engagement, analyzing/visualizing data, and prototyping, while following proper LPM procedures
- Ability to examine and explore data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering insights
- Able to design scalable and manageable solutions that are flexible and can evolve within an ever-changing environment
- Think and strategize on making analyses easily repeatable and generalizable by other team members in the future
- Experience with leading discussions, facilitation, and technical coaching
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/27/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor II - Bank Loss Data San Antonio, Texas
- Director Compliance Risk Management-Health Insurance San Antonio, Texas
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Lead – P&C Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Senior Business Risk and Controls Advisor Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas