Data Governance Advisor - MidlevelLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0039584 Date posted Oct. 18, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobProvides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics.
- Synthesizes key information / data and research in order to recommend information governance initiatives that meet business goals.
- Develops information and data governance policies, guidelines, procedures and communications.
- Assist in conducting 'as is' assessment of information governance process and tools.
- Partners with internal groups and/or vendors to maintain complete and accurate meta data information using querying and other system tools to produce required reports.
- Anticipates, analyzes, and effectively resolves problems and issues; identifies when and how to escalate problems to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying a broad-based knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes.
- -Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field (4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required.)
- A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- -If Bachelor's degree, 4 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting
- If Master's degree, 2 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR
- If PhD, 1 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting"
- Prior experience in implementing the data management best practices in data development and business product delivery.
- Prior experience in Data Management including data design, ETL, data quality and metadata.
- Prior experience in facilitating stakeholder forums and working groups.
- Prior Experience in developing, implementing and training on data policies, standards, processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in developing Data Governance and Data Management Strategy, road map(s).
- Enterprise level BI technology roll-outs from the conception of idea through implementation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with Enterprise Architecture, Info-Sec, Enterprise Governance and other internal technology teams.
- Actively engaged in Assessment, Planning, Establishment and Execution of Analytics Initiatives.
- Experience in building Data Governance and Data Management Practice Development / COE Initiatives.
- Well-grounded in Management Reporting, regulatory exam support, facilitating stakeholder forums.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.