Data Analytics Audit ManagerLocation Plano, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0024728 Date posted Sep. 13, 2018 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and experienced Data Analytics Audit Manager (Decision Science Analyst Senior) for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
The Audit Analytics Team is currently seeking a Sr. Decision Science Analyst with strong data and analytic skills, effective communication skills, as well as someone who understand risks and controls.
The Decision Science Analyst provides decision support for business areas across the enterprise. Staff in this area will be responsible for applying mathematical and statistical techniques and/or innovative /quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make `insight to action' recommendations to answer business objectives and drive change. The essence of work performed involves gathering, manipulating and synthesizing data (e.g., attributes, transactions, behaviors, etc.), models and other relevant information to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in implementable strategies.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
About USAA Audit Team
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Internal Audit function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Audit team! We are a diversified team of audit professionals, working across all USAA operations, seeing the incredible growth first-hand. USAA Audit Services affords you the ability to see USAA’s Mission in action on a daily basis. In this role you are part of USAA’s noble mission.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Leverages expert business/analytical knowledge to participate or lead discussions with cross functional teams to understand and collaborate highly complex business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- The business problems analyzed are typically medium to large scale with significant impact to current and/or future business strategy.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Translates recommendation into communication materials to effectively present to various levels of management.
Incorporates visualization techniques to support the relevant points of the analysis and ease the understanding for less technical audiences.
- Identifies and gathers the relevant and quality data sources required to fully answer and address the problem for the recommended strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA).
- Integrates/transforms disparate data sources and determines the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply.
Thoroughly documents assumptions, methodology, validation and testing to facilitate peer reviews.
- Subsequent analysts should be able to rely on documentation to replicate and continue work.
- Understands and adopts emerging technology that can affect the application of scientific methodologies and/or quantitative analytical approaches to problem resolutions.
- Succinctly delivers analysis/findings in a manner that conveys understanding, influences various levels of management, garners support for recommendations, drives business decisions, and influences business strategy.
- Recommendations typically have a major impact on business results.
- Provides subject matter expertise in operationalizing recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or other quantitative discipline. 4 years work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required OR A Master's Degree in quantitative analytics or a related field OR A PhD in quantitative analytics or a related field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function Or If Master's Degree, 4 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function Or If PhD, 3 or more years experience in a decision support analytic function.
- Demonstrates advanced skills in mathematical and statistical techniques and approaches used to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Strong data skills (i.e. well written code - commented and clean, ensures data is complete and accurate, validates data back to source system)
- Strong insight skills; specifically, through Data Collection (i.e. through the use of Tableau or other analytical tools, ability to draw valuable insight from data)
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills; the ability to communicate the story the data tells
- Audit experience or understands risks and controls
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst I San Antonio, Texas |
- Audit Manager - Bank Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Decision Science Analyst Senior San Antonio, Texas