Credit Risk Analyst Senior
With USAA, you can make a difference in the lives of our members. Among an inspiring team, you will develop quantitative and analytic models, assessments and applications. Through your deep experience in various disciplines, you will apply diverse methodologies to solve complex and undefined risk-related problems. Come build a meaningful career and work alongside leadership to drive USAA forward.
What makes a successful Credit Risk Analyst Senior at USAA? Review the top traits we’re looking for and see if you’re the right fit.
- Results driven
- Detailed oriented
- Problem solver
Here's what our people are saying
“The leadership team is committed to enabling employees to learn and grow. I am proud to work for a company that focuses so clearly on doing the right thing for our members and our employees. That commitment and drive is evident as we work together to ensure effective Risk Management throughout the lines of defense.”
Jackie GalvinRisk Analyst, Senior
“USAA reminds me every day that while we take care of each other and those who count on us to serve them, we will absolutely be rewarded. We are truly blessed to work for such a great company, alongside all the amazing people who are diligently dedicated to fulfill our commitment to become a fully compliant company.”
Zyn NieDirector Quantitative Risk Management
“I love working at USAA. I feel empowered as a risk professional and I enjoy working alongside leaders who are passionate and mission focused.”
Ashley Morrison Lead Risk Analyst
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Credit Risk Analyst Senior
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Bank Credit Risk Analyst Senior for one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office II/III, Plano Legacy or Remote.
Using a level of expertise, develops, proposes and delivers credit risk strategies for consumer credit portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk inherent in credit strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy performance as well as external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for bank portfolio products within the risk taxonomy.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Applies expert programming and analytical techniques to analyze credit data.
- Applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to identify opportunities for improvement and tailor credit strategies to the needs of the business.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops clear and concise recommendations to drive credit risk strategies to influence senior decision makers.
- Recognizes opportunities to improve credit risk strategies and builds support for recommendations.
- Guides team members in the development and delivery of their work products.
- Independently executes existing and develops new portfolio reporting to monitor credit strategy and escalates the quality and direction of credit performance to appropriate levels of management.
- Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives.
- Conducts detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict and evaluate the credit risk within a loan portfolio according to operational risk and compliance standards.
- Performs complex, multi-factor credit risk assessments and recognizes appropriate credit risk strategies to be developed and implemented.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of experience in consumer credit risk analysis OR if Master’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or in a Mathematical discipline, 4 years of experience consumer credit risk analysis.
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, risk, and/or compliance.
- Advanced business acumen and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced research, investigation skills and good judgement skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Program or project management experience
- Experience responding to regulatory agencies, audit, and third-party requests
- Experience implementing Credit Controls and Control Testing
- Experience working in a department program office that includes completing ad hoc reporting and analysis on credit products, i.e. credit card, consumer loans, and retail bank products
- Extensive experience in preparing bank credit portfolio analysis and quality presentations at senior management and Board of Directors level
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deliver material on time
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 5/28/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.