Compliance Risk Manager Lead: Ethics & ConductLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0036914 Date posted Sep. 06, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and motivated Compliance Risk Manager Lead: Ethics & Conduct for our San Antonio, TX, Plano Legacy, TX, or remote locations.
At USAA, we are dedicated to the financial well-being of our members and their families. We do this by upholding the highest standards and ensuring that our corporate business activities and individual employee conduct reflects good judgement, common sense, and is consistent with our core values of Service, Loyalty, Honesty and Integrity. The Compliance Lead provides second-line independent oversight and guidance to the Ethics Office, which is responsible for the Code of Conduct and administering the USAA Ethics Program. The Lead assists the Ethics Office in designing, developing and implementing a compliance framework to ensure goals are executed in accordance with regulatory requirements. In partnership with the Ethics Office and key stakeholders, the Lead continuously drives a strong culture of compliance and demonstrates integrity and professional judgment in protecting the interests of USAA and its members. In addition, the Lead provides operational compliance oversight for USAA, its affiliates, and USAA partnerships with external companies. Builds effective relationships with industry and regulatory authorities.
- Anticipates and identifies future needs, opportunities and potential compliance solutions, and leads cross-functional teams through the problem resolution process.
- Assesses results of data analyses, provides credible challenge and recommends innovative compliance solutions.
- Develops, designs and delivers compliance strategies to influence business leadership on effective solutions and may represent leadership on complex issues.
- Maintains and expands expert knowledge of the competitive/regulatory landscape and the company's key challenges.
- May coordinate and respond to regulatory requirements and requests and ensures the execution of examinations.
- Executes compliance risk management activities in accordance with enterprise compliance standards.
- Serves as the technical expert regarding compliance laws and regulations and provides direction to others on complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of risk, compliance, or audit experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and regulatory compliance in a specific area.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance laws, regulations and regulatory expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience designing and implementing Ethics and/or Conduct Risk compliance programs involving large financial institutions, including banking organizations.
- Extremely detail-oriented and deadline driven.
- Experience providing analytical and organizational support, as well as managing project teams and working with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed environment in the development and implementation of compliance policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with business clients and senior management.
- Outstanding organizational/project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and deliver all levels of reporting, internal and external, as well as communication materials.
- Experience with designing and conducting annual and targeted compliance risk assessments.
- Proven ability to timely execute and deliver complex compliance projects on schedule and fit for purpose.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- Compliance Analyst I-Military Protections Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Compliance Analyst Senior Colorado Springs, Colorado | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor San Antonio, Texas
- Investment Analyst I (CIO) San Antonio, Texas