Business Process Consultant Senior - Deposits
Purpose of JobThe Bank Deposit Experience team sits in the Retail Bank organization and is a team that manages the product portfolio, experience quality and risk management for checking, savings and CD products.
We are currently seeking 4 talented Business Process Process Consultant Senior to for Plano Legacy, San Antonio Home Office II/III, or Remote Work Location Available.
We are looking for Business Process Consultants Seniors to apply their process and project management skills to drive risk reduction efforts in a fast-paced environment.
This role will be directly accountable for execution and oversight of specific concentrations of risk within the Deposits organization. This requires talented critical thinkers, individuals who can use their Deposits business acumen, expertise with Banking regulations, and process mindset to drive results and continuous improvement.in an iterative, agile environment.
This role will work collaboratively with internal partners such as list Risk Management, Legal, Information Technology, Operations and Enterprise Money Movement to assess gaps, evaluate options and execute timely solutions to mitigate identified risks.
Establishes strategic partnerships and maintains effective relationships with assigned CoSA business unit(s) and manages stakeholder interests including but not limited to Legal, Compliance, Omnichannel, Analytics partners, and IT.
Establishes strategic partnerships and maintains effective relationships with assigned CoSA business unit(s) and manages stakeholder interests including but not limited to CFO, HR, IT, and Legal. Applies expert knowledge and acts as a trusted advisor by providing consultation services to internal clients in areas of strategic sourcing, alternatives and solutions, supplier management, third party risk management, and global operations. Collects and consolidates demand and identifies opportunities by business portfolio, vertically within the CoSA and/or horizontally across the enterprise. Understands the customer market strategy and proactively identifies and confirms business requirements. Oversees the development of business process related solutions for clients. Viewed by customers as a consultant. Defines client needs, determines a strategy and develops a plan/proposal for delivery of the project which generally leads to a client’s internal process or function being modified for improved efficiency and effectiveness. May involve the recommendation to shift future performance to a third party. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Implements and coach’s others in the implementation of customer engagement and product development plans.
- Develops customer specific business process program plans that align with customer, business deliverable, and enterprise strategy and influence appropriate roadmap(s).
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business and leads alignment and development of business deliverable processes and capabilities with business needs.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for complex projects.
- Manages business process risks by using established methodologies and exercising control plans to ensure alignment with CoSA specific requirements, process requirements, and business needs. Identifies CoSA and business process risks across all activities.
- Develops communication plans for customers and internal stakeholders. Ensures alignment between internal stakeholders and customers across all business process projects and services using proactive communication and engagement strategies.
- Utilizes reporting, data, and analytics to measure process and project performance, deliver operational efficiencies, and inform key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4 additional years’ experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 6+ years business process consulting or related experience
- Advanced knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required
- Advanced level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices, risk & process management and emerging trends required
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Strong writing skills, including experience producing detailed documents such as Risk Assessments, Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Process Mapping and/or Solution Design experience
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, process risk analysis and Control Design
- Experience/ knowledge of Risk Management and Banking Regulatory requirements
- Fluency in the laws and regulations that impact the Deposits business
- Demonstrated ability to lead large scale efforts with multiple stakeholders and deliver business results
- Change Management and communications experience
- Recent Consumer Retail Banking experience
- Ability to provide direction to technical writers
- Working knowledge of Deposits P&L
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/21/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Audit Manager - IT Projects San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas
- AVP, Mortgage Servicing Rights Asset Management San Antonio, Texas
- Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst - Credit Card Portfolio (Remote Work Environment Available) Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director Business Risk and Controls (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Senior - IT Risk Oversight, Real Estate (100% Remote Work Environment Available) San Antonio, Texas