Business Information Architect Lead (100% Remote Available)
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Business Information Architect Lead for the San Antonio Home Office II/III, Plano, TX Office or 100% Remote Work Location Available.
We are embarking on a redesign of our data architecture to drive improvements across the AML ecosystem. You will join a team of talented data and analytics architects and practitioners to jointly collaborate with our Financial Crimes business partners, IT and data teams to simplify, automate and streamline the end-to-end process leading to improved integrity of our customer data, product relationships and transaction flows. The end result will include the inclusion of advanced analytics to improve our detection of anomalies and patterns, reporting to improve our controls and ultimately reduction in risk.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Collaborates with the architectural communities and other information management activities. Influences and drives awareness of information strategy and architecture to the enterprise. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads the performance of regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies expert knowledge to identify new information capabilities to support business capabilities of a given business domain and recommends viable and sustainable solutions,
Applies expert knowledge of governance standards and regulatory implications of internal information management practices.
- Mentors others to effectively apply reference models to articulate business information requirements.
- Influences direction for metadata storage and relationships in information architecture tools; mentoring peers on effective utilization of information governance tools to include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture deliverables.
- Leads efforts in defining the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, policies and Statements of Direction for information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
- Guides business and development activities and ensures alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate action when deviation is observed.
- Develops, approves, and governs IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities, information categories, business entities, and conceptual models.
- Influences and consults on information design across the domain, including collaboration with the design team; displays deep/broad business knowledge.
- Educates stakeholders on the value and practice of IS&A; demonstrates the development and nurturing of healthy stakeholder relationships; develops effective models to convey complex concepts; leads stakeholders to recognize, explore, and explicitly state their assumptions.
- Influences other architectural discipline, providing information requirements to inform information architecture direction, technical and data design decisions.
- Understands end to end change impact by managing linkages from information capabilities to technical assets (operational + analytical).
- Leads the development and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Provides consultation and guidance regarding the usage of the enterprise integrated logical model for use in development.
- Sets the direction regarding appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information and Data Science, Information Studies or a related technical field or 4 years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 8 years of experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if Advanced degree, 6 years experience in information or data architecture.
- 3 years of direct and/or indirect management experience.
- Direct hands-on experience with modern data architecture environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
- Extensive experience working with data analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user experiences are designed.
- In-depth knowledge of architectural principles and extensive experience applying principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading project teams in implementing major data initiatives.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and relational database principles.
- Experience implementing data quality frameworks.
- Understanding of Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) standard 239.
- Experience driving change/ transformation initiatives in financial services / banking / regulatory domain.
- Familiarity with Cloud data architectures.
- Expertise in data and analytics implemented for financial crimes (disputes, fraud, AML/BSA).
- Expertise in integration of customer / member and core banking product and transaction data as it relates to analysis and reporting of financial crimes
- Fluent in KYC and AML/BSA regulations.
- Experience with design or application of network analytics / graph analytics, AI / machine learning modeling for fraud rings and anomaly detection.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- AML Business Advisor I Plano, Texas | | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Intelligence Analyst I San Antonio, Texas | Plano, Texas |
- Business Risk and Controls Advisor Lead (Remote Optional) San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Digital Technical Product Manager Lead--Digital Content Ecosystem Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Program/Project Management Senior San Antonio, Texas