Audit Manager - Capital Markets Treasury
Maternity and Paternity Leave
Onsite Gym/ Fitness Center
Paid Time Off
Retirement Plan (With Match)
Health and Wellness Programs
- Diversity and inclusion — We work together to create an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives and talent.
- Corporate responsibility — Our corporate responsibility programs share a common purpose of giving back to the military community.
- Balance and wellness — Our benefits help you live your life to the fullest while balancing work and personal goals.
- Educational opportunities — We foster a culture of learning, inspiring you to further develop your skill set and education.
Audit Manager - Capital Markets Treasury
Purpose of JobWe are seeking an Audit manager – Capital Markets Treasury in our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or remote facilities.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers. Develops and independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements. Maintains a high degree of business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal fieldwork contact. Mentors staff auditors on audit excellence, to include theory and application of audit and/or business/IT techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
- Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current data.
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports and continuous monitoring.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Identifies and remediates issues and roadblocks to successful completion of audit activities.
- Provides guidance on the use of business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Communicates with the business/clients; delivers both risk-based and difficult messages. May communicate with regulators and leaders.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit reports for issuance to respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities as defined in the observations
- Bachelor's degree in Business relevant field OR four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience OR relevant Master's Degree with 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience in audit execution.
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends.
- Excels at communicating critical information to drive action at all levels of leadership and staff.
- Experience leading multiple engagements concurrently, driving results, and ensuring timely, relevant, and accurate communications.
- Experience in the facilitation of executive-level meetings, including creation of presentation materials, communication of outcomes, and managing follow-up requests that result.
- Extensive knowledge of audit processes and procedures enabling the creation and quality review of audit work product.
- Extensive experience leading audits of treasury related functions (i.e., balance sheet management, capital and liquidity management, interest rate risk management) within a large financial institution
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor certification
- Experience leading teams of auditors and providing coaching throughout the audit process
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/17/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time.