Audit Director – Risk Center of ExcellenceLocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Plano,Texas;REMOTE,ZZ;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0039686 Date posted Oct. 11, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Audit Director – Risk Center of Excellence for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Remote facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Manages the planning, execution and oversight of the consolidated annual audit plan including risk-based assurance and advisory engagements driving quality of audit work for a designated staff agency or line of business/functional area. Responsible for oversight of the Risk Center of Excellence (COE) which provides assurance and advice across the audit department in the coverage of Risk Management processes within the first line of defense (FLOD) and OCC Heightened Standards. Responsible for building teams with the requisite knowledge and skillsets necessary to execute the audit plan, employee retention and overall team development. Ensures fiscally responsible expense management. Provides independent oversight and thought leadership for audit disciplines ensuring that audit plans, frameworks, standards, and processes provide appropriate risk coverage. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
- Maturing the Risk Center of Excellence to provide advisory services to other audit teams in the testing of first line of defense risk management processes.
- Overseeing assurance activities involving horizontal and targeted reviews related to risk management processes.
- Responsible for the coordination of OCC Heightened Standards and Bank Risk Governance Framework coverage.
- Accountable for timely delivery and quality execution of audit plan/reports and issue validation, driving continuous monitoring activities, and ensuring appropriate risks are covered.
- Accountable for quality and providing technical engagement oversight, and approval of engagement risk assessment and audit scope.
- Responsible for updating the audit universe risk assessment and audit plan as needed.
- Addresses issues escalated by team members, manages conflict and gains appropriate resolution of complex issues with stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Escalates any suspected fraudulent activities and advises senior leadership as appropriate.
- Responsible for escalating systemic and/or pervasive issues.
- Coordinates with other Audit leaders on quality, resources, and coverage. Drives linkages and information sharing across the organization.
- Communicates effectively with regulators and key stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA.
- Responsible for building diverse teams with the requisite knowledge and skillsets necessary to execute the audit plan, employee retention and overall team development.
- Directly manages, selects, and develops staff responsible for conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to include preparing and providing performance evaluations, coaching, recognition, and performance management. Directs team in ongoing management reporting routines.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of audit process and performance standards; identifies and recommends internal audit process improvements.
- Provides key information to audit executives and participates in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Bachelor's degree in Business other relevant field OR Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Eight or more years of progressive audit or related business experience with in depth experience in managing or overseeing complex audits
- Three or more years of direct team lead or management experience.
- Subject-matter-expert with broad and comprehensive experience in audit techniques, assessing internal controls, and business/ information technology risks.
- Three or more years of audit management experience in an OCC Heightened Standards environment.
- Five or more years of risk management experience and/or auditing a risk management function.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/17/2019 by 11:59 pm CST time
- Director, Compliance Risk Management - Quality Assurance Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida
- Lean-Agile Analytics Lead Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Sr. Quantitative Risk Analyst - Bank Risk Appetite Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director Supervision and Controls - FCRA San Antonio, Texas