Accessibility Advisor ILocation Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Austin, Texas Secondary Locations Austin,Texas;Plano,Texas;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0033326 Date posted May. 25, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThis is an onsite position in one of the following locations: San Antonio Home Office, Austin Design Studio or Plano Operation Center.
Applies knowledge of accommodating individuals with disabilities in establishing internal standards, policies and procedures as they relate to a particular domain (digital, documents, facilities, MSR service). Provides guidance on best practices and innovative solutions to meet accessibility standards. Collaborates with stakeholders to identify and prioritize operational risks, develop mitigation strategies and implement process controls. Gathers and monitors data to evaluate and demonstrate the effectiveness of the accessibility program. Serves as an ambassador and advocates the importance of accessibility and its impact to members and the association. Participates in project planning and execution to ensure accessibility objectives are fulfilled.
- Performs multiple team roles in the development and implementation of business initiatives.
- Acquires and applies business knowledge (products, processes, etc) and subject matter knowledge to work on assignments and business problems.
- Gathers and analyzes information and data trends to extract meaningful results.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of the competitive landscape and applies that knowledge to identify potential business improvement opportunities.
- Approaches business problems with curiosity and open-mindedness and listens to creative suggestions of others.
- Demonstrates a willingness to try new ideas.
- Proactively shares timely updates and information with relevant parties.
- Encourages an open exchange of information and viewpoint.
- Easily adapts to shifting or competing priorities and responds constructively to setbacks.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Computer Science, Computer Human Interaction, Architecture/Engineering Design.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree.
- 4 or more years operational experience in a digital, document, building/construction, or customer service environment with knowledge of accommodating individuals with disabilities.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Passionate champion for accessibility and can provide subject matter expertise in accessibility, assistive technologies, and universal design
- Experience collaborating with user experience designers, developers and quality assurance specialists to design and implement accessible user interfaces for websites, mobile apps and PDF documents
- Ability to integrate accessibility and 508/WCAG-compliance into requirements, design and implementation phases of technology projects and provide remediation recommendations
- Ability to contribute to centralized accessibility documentation and guidelines
- Ability to inspect web code or native apps and identify accessibility issues
- Experience conducting usability testing with people with disabilities
- Experience training, mentoring or advocating on accessibility topics
- Compliance and risk knowledge
- Preferred Certifications:
- IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- IAAP Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/30/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- Business Support Analyst I San Antonio, Texas
- Business Advisor II - Bank Product Disputes San Antonio, Texas
- Enterprise Program/Project Management - Senior (Non-IT) Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Business Support Analyst Lead San Antonio, Texas | Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas