Supervision and Controls Advisor I (Mid-Level) - Bank OperationsLocation Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;San Antonio,Texas; Job ID R0038770 Date posted Oct. 09, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of JobThis position supports the supervision of front line business units that are responsible for implementing and adhering to Heightened Standards and operating within risk tolerances. Identifies risk-related issues in their assigned organization pertaining to compliance and operational risks. Executes risk management tasks, projects, and activities which includes administering and creating strong action plans and timely mitigation of risk. Collaborates with Business Control Management (BCM) and 2nd line of defense team members to support and ensure effective risk mitigation
We are currently seeking a talented Supervision and Controls Advisor I for either the San Antonio Office II/III or the Phoenix Office.
- Assists with the development of operating policies and procedures, in accordance with the enterprise risk policies and standards set by independent risk management.
- Tracks a broad range of performance data to monitor each risk area.
- Identifies any deficiencies and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Supports the reporting of accurate and timely risk reports to Business Control Management, independent risk management, internal audit, executive management, and board and management committees.
- 4 or more years experience in a risk management or compliance function within the banking or insurance industry.
- 2 years first line of defense experience in surveilling/monitoring financial services transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (8 years total experience required without a degree).
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Proficient knowledge of ALS (Advance Loan Services).
- Proficient knowledge of EWS (Early Warning Services).
- Deposits Experience.
- Experience with the FCRA regulation.
- Previous Quality Assurance Testing Experience.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
- VP, Regulatory Affairs Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas
- Director, Secondary Marketing (Post Closing) San Antonio, Texas
- R0039675 Director, Compliance - Life Insurance / Annuities Phoenix, Arizona | San Antonio, Texas
- Bank Compliance Risk Manager Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas | San Antonio, Texas | Tampa, Florida