Site Reliability EngineerLocation Phoenix, Arizona | Plano, Texas Secondary Locations Phoenix,Arizona;Plano,Texas; Job ID R0034445 Date posted Jun. 27, 2019 Apply Now
Purpose of Job• Collaborates with technical teams to gather requirements and identify process and technical solutions. Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to manage solution delivery for projects and analyzes opportunities to implement technology solutions. Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to meet deliverables. Works with business partners, technical resources and management to evaluate business requirements and technologies at a detailed level in order to design, develop and implement technical solutions. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Consults with business to gather requirements.
- Develops and documents requirements & specifications.
- Assists in the development of business and technical criteria to evaluate technology solutions.
- Applies technical expertise to plan, analyze, design, build, validate & implement solutions.
- Determines solutions design utilizing selected technologies.
- Assists with solutions engineering for all supported technologies.
- Presents solution design for peer reviews.
- Provides oversight of Builds and validates correct operation and performance.
- Mentors peers and less experienced analysts.
- Complies with all operations, processes & procedures.
- Maintains awareness of service & financial targets for unit & department.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 or more years of relevant business support, and/or technical project management experience.
- Proficient knowledge of application development, or database systems, Voice, WAN/LAN, server, desktop administration or design
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 4+ years of experience in system configuration to include creating applications to enhance availability, performance, and capacity
- 2+ years of experience in system performance monitoring and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience in application development with the following technologies or frameworks: Java EE, REST, API
- 2+ years of experience with various scripting languages (Python/Powershell/Perl)
- 1+ years of experience with Service Now development
- Knowledge of ITIL workstreams
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.